Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, when using these particular services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.
Given that PayPI is currently in Beta, it is expected that there may be issues with the platform. We kindly ask that any issues found with the platform are reported as soon as possible, to [email protected] or through the live chat on our website.
We agree to provide you with access to the PayPI service. This includes API subscriptions, key handling, account management facilities as well as API partner services that allow selling APIs on the platform.
- We agree to provide API creators with the PayPI service, allowing them to take payments for their APIs.
- We agree to pay into a partners account, a percentage of their revenue earned on the site minus taxes (unless fraudulent, illegal, or otherwise erroneous). This percentage shall be 92% unless otherwise discussed and agreed. The amount paid is also subject to currency conversion and external payment handling fees.
As a PayPI partner, you agree to provide access to APIs you have setup with PayPI for the length that they remain on the site. By setting up an API on PayPI, you agree that you own the API and will provide access to subscribers of your API through PayPI.
It is required that you remain uptime of more than 99.9% from the date your API received it's first subscriber on PayPI and inform PayPI if your API has expected or unexpected downtime for any reason, in order for us to inform your subscribers.
In return for providing the service to you, we require you to commit to the following terms.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You or the Company you are signing up for must not have gone insolvent or bankrupt in the last 5 years.
- We must not have previously removed or disabled your account
- If creating an account in the name of a company you must have permissions from the controlling members of the company.
You agree to become an API Creator / Partner when you agree to setup your account as a Partner account.
- You must be clear, and descriptive in how you communicate your API to your subscribers or potential subscribers. It is your responsibility to ensure your users are clear on what your API is offering and at what price.
- If you are unclear or mislead subscribers, we reserve the right to reverse transactions made and take back or seek to reverse any payments made that were due to misleading or unclear API descriptions or messages either on the PayPI platform or a third party site.
- The use of our Partner SDK (or any request to
api.paypi.dev) is to be used reasonably and responsibly.
- You are required to inform us if you plan or expect for your API to make more than 70 requests to us in a single second.
- You are responsible for any trademark of copyright infringement brought about by the name, descriptions or images shown on your API. We reserve the right to remove or limit APIs where requested by original copyright/trademark holders.
As a subscriber you agree to use the APIs you subscribe to as well as the PayPI service fairly. This includes making requests non-maliciously and not using either the API or the PayPI service in a way in which may cause them harm.
You agree to pay the prices described on an API when making any request to that API with your 'Subscriber Secret'.
It is your responsibility to ensure that requests are made as frequently as you need and we cannot issue refunds for requests made in error.
- We reserve the right to remove your account and delete your information from our systems at any time, without prior warning. In this instance we will ensure any amount owed to you is sent to your payment card if available and the payments have not been gained illegally, fraudulently or in breach of any our terms.
- We reserve the right to restrict your account's access to our service in order to ensure a safe and secure environment for other users of the service and in the case of non-payment.